Sunday, November 18, 2012

Estée Lauder: Pure Color 25 Melon Lasting Shimmer | Pure Color 37 Magnetic Magenta | Pure Color FK Fireball

Ohhhh~! Hellow there guys! I just wanna show you my and my sister's lippies collection :D


it's a mix of highends and drugstore brands. but its mostly drugstore brands XD coz there are lots of affordable ones with good quality ;)

But for now i'll just be talking about the Estée Lauder's ones. My sis got it from the US. HAHA! Thanks sissy loves. Anyway~ going back. So, she got 3 shades.. No, 4... but she gave the other one to mom so we have no chance of using it~ too baaad. but its fiiiine~ we have lots to use anyway XD

So let me present you our babies from Estée Lauder...


| Photo taken with Canon 400D by Liz Carrido |

As I have researched, Fireball and Magnetic Magenta are from EL's Pure Color Vivid Shine Lipstick Collection while Melon is from their Pure Color Long Lasting Lipstick. I'm not really sure though! Coz I didn't buy them and I am not familiar with EL collections. But if you wanna check it out you can visit their website.


I don't think they repeat the name of their lipstick's shades that's why I concluded where each lipstick belongs to. Anyway~

Packaging:

The cover is metal-ish in gold. But... I think it's just plastic... Hm... It looks like metal but it feels like plastic. Sorry~ I'm not quite good with materials. If not plastic, It's a very thing, very light metal. And the glass part, I think its a real glass that if it fall into something hard, it'll break. And the logo~ it helps secure the cap. Overall, it's fine. But sometimes I'm having a hard time placing them in the box coz of the logo :P hehe but nothing more. The weight is a bit heavier compared to the drugstore ones. The shade is place just below the glass part.

Color and Swatch:

Now, let me show you some swatches I made for each shade.

Magnetic Magenta
| taken with Canon 400D with Flash|
| taken with Xperia phone camera with flash |


Melon
| taken with Canon 400D with Flash|
| taken with Xperia phone camera with flash |

Fireball
| taken with Canon 400D with Flash|
| taken with Xperia phone camera with flash |


(From left to right: Fireball, Melon, Magnetic Magent)
| taken with Xperia phone camera with flash |
Here are some swatches I made in my hand. The top photo, I just swiped the lipstick once. It is not that pigmented when you put it in your lips. You have to do 2-3 more swipes to get the full color. The 2nd photo, I swiped the lipstick 2 more times each. It shows super vibrant colors. And if you can notice, they are shiny! Yes~! They have glitters on them. They look frosty and shiny when applied in lips. They're reaaaaaaaaaally gorgeous! They are great for formal events and night out parties. They reflect like pearls. 

How they look on my lips:

My natural lip color! sorry for the low quality photos.. effort much! XD and for my lips as well, cracked~! anyway~

(All photos are taken with Xperia camera phone)


So.... here's
Magnetic Magenta


Melon 

Fireball

as you can observe, it shines~ it reflects the light that hits my lips. You get what you see on the tube.

Texture and Smell
Hm... they're creamy. They easily glide on my lips and they don't get into the cracks that much, which is good. They smell a bit perfume-y but not strong but it is fine. 

Lasting Power
Hm... I really can't tell... Coz personally, I eat like a barbaric girl so after eating, the color/product is completely gone~ and I have to retouch again. Hehe... Nothing much to say about it. Sorry.

So, I guess that's all it. Hope this helps even just a tiny bit~ LOL. I'm not a fan of EL so I don't think I'm gonna purchase again. Hm but who knows? They might have a better collection that may capture my interest, right? 

You guys? What do you think? Have you tried other Estee Lauder lippies? Let me know which ones are good buys. :) Thanks!

| Photo take by Xperia phone camera and edited out some skin imperfections for blogging purposes. Thanks. |

Here's another preview of Melon but I topped it off with Tony Moly's Berry Tint in Cherry but just in the middle to create that ombre effect that most korean artists have. Hehe~! Off to the grocery to buy some ingredients for my mom's bday celeb ;) See you soon, babies~ <3


No comments:

Post a Comment